Alberta Provincial 55 Plus Swim Meet; August 10 & 11th 2017
Calgary Winter Club, 4611 14th St. NW.
Day 1 Aug. 10
- Parking is limited – please car pool if possible: access to the Calgary Winter Club is off John Laurie Blvd and one block north on 14th NW
- Check in at the Lobby between 12 Noon to 1 pm
- Sign waiver if you have not done so previously this year.
- Pick up heat sheets and banquet tickets, if you ordered them.
- Café on the upper floor (east end) will have a list of swimmers, to obtain a soup and sandwich ($7 value).—available each day preferably between 12 and 1 pm or after 3 pm.
- Warmup begins at 1:00 pm Reminder: No diving off blocks until sprint lane 6 only, is opened at 1:15 pm for diving off the blocks and swim (one direction only) to the end of the lane.
- Warmup directions are clock-wise in lanes 1, 3, & 5 and counter clockwise in lanes 2, 4, & 6 (until practice dives begins in lane 6). No paddles or kick boards.
- Swim meet begins at 1:30 pm
- Heats: Women swim first, then men. Age groups swim oldest to youngest.
- Order of events: 50m back, 100 m free, 100 m prediction, short 5 min break, 100m breaststroke, 50 m butterfly, 200 free prediction, 4x25m free relays.
- Relays: (Event # 10 Women and #11 Men)—Relay teams must have a minimum of two swimmers from the same zone. Each team will consist of either 4 women or 4 men (no mixed relay). Please submit entries with name, age, zone #, to the on-deck desk, by the 5 min. break following event # 5 (100 m predicted swim). Reminder: There is NO diving in from the shallow end. Swimmers 2 and 4 of the relay team will start in the water, holding with one hand on the wall of the lane.
- Swim meet might be finished by 3 pm. Medal presentations, on deck,immediately following last event.
Day 2 Aug 11
- 1:00 Warmups begin. See Day 1 for instructions and reminders for warmups.
- Order of events: 100 m free predicted, 100 m backstroke, 50 m breaststroke, 50 m free, 100 m IM, 200 m free predicted
- Swim meet might be finished by 2:30 pm. Medal presentations ,on deck, immediately after the last event.
Keith Shaw, swimming co-ordinator Calgary 55 Plus
email@example.com Phone 403-252-9238