The Calgary 55 Plus Provincial Championships will take place in Calgary on August 10 & 11, 2017. All Games will be completed over two days, except for Hockey and Slo-Pitch. The medal games in Hockey and Slo-Pitch will be played on Saturday, August 12, 2017. The Slo-Pitch games will be played in Strathmore, Alberta.
News & Important Updates
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][dt_blog_posts_small columns=”2″ featured_images=”true” number=”8″ orderby=”date” order=”desc” category=”Summer Provincials”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Competition will start in all Games on Thursday morning.
- Registrations will take place at each Venue one-half hour prior to start of Game.
- Opening Ceremonies and Banquet will commence Thursday evening.
- All Games will be completed by Friday late afternoon.
- Exception: Hockey and Slo-Pitch, which will be completed on Saturday, early in the afternoon. (Three-day Event).
- Entry Fee: $ 65
- Entry Fee – Hockey: $65
- Deadline for Entries: July 1, 2017
Start Times and Registration
- Starting time for all events is 10:00am on Thursday.
- You are asked to Check-In and Register at 9:30am at the venue for your event.
- Golf will start at 9:00am with registration at 8:30am.
- Swimming The Swimming competition will take place on Thursday from Noon to 3:00 PM and on Friday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Check-In is 12:00pm on Thursday, August 10, Calgary Winter Club.
- Cycling registration is 9:15 – 9:30am on Thursday, August 10.
- Please see the “Venues” section below for mote details on where you need to go and what time you should be there.
Maps of the Event locations is available here: Calgary_Maps
Coordinator Contact Information
Phone: (403) 255-7932
Phone: (403) 274-6720
Phone: (403) 801-2592
Phone: (403) 453-1465
Phone: (403) 700-7581
Phone: (403) 875-4716
Phone: (403) 288-3322
Phone: (403) 701-8939
Phone: (403) 614-2319
Phone: (403) 247-5097
Phone: (403) 252-9238
Phone: (403) 288-6423
Phone: (403) 273-3955
Phone: (403) 246-2756
|Track & Field|
Phone: (403) 271-0545
- Cycling 55+, 65+, 70+ M/W; Day 1 – 10km Recreational / 20km Competitive ITT
- Cycling 55+, 65+, 70+ M/W; Day 2 – 20km Recreational / 40km Competitive Road Race
- Golf 55+, 65+,75+, 80+, 85+ M/W Gross, Callaway
- Horseshoes 55+, 65+ M/W “A”, “B”, “C”, “D” Class
- Pickleball 55+, 65+,70+ M/W and/or Mixed Doubles
- Slo-Pitch 55+, 65+, 70+ M 55+ CO-ED, 55+ W
- Tennis 55+, 65+, 75+ M/W and/or Mixed Doubles
- Track & Field 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+ 2-M / 2-W, relay races M/W
- 5-Pin Bowling 55+, 65+, 75+ M/W Singles Scratch, POA teams
- Badminton 55+, 65+, 75+ M/W and/or Mixed Doubles
- Hockey 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ M / 55+ W
- Swimming 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+ M/W, relay races M/W
Entry Fee: $65 per person
Entry Fee – Hockey: $65 per Player * does not include Banquet, Opening Ceremonies, entertainment for Hockey Players
Deadline for Entries: July 1, 2017
Competition will start in all Games on Thursday morning.
Registrations will take place at each Venue one-half hour prior to start of Game.
Opening Ceremonies, Banquet and Entertainment will commence Thursday evening.
All Games will be completed by Friday late afternoon.
Exception: Hockey and Slo-Pitch, which will be completed on Saturday, early in the afternoon. (Three-day Event).
Banquet and Opening Ceremonies Location
Thursday, August 10
Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association
5600 Centre St N, Calgary, AB T2K 0T3
Web Site: http://tgcacalgary.com
Phone (403) 274-6840
5:00pm – Meet & Mingle
6:00pm – Opening Ceremonies
6:30pm – Grace / Dinner
8:00pm – Entertainment
9:00pm – Finish
Athletics / Track & Field
Glenmore Stadium at 50 Ave. and 16 St. SW
The Slo-Pitch championships will take place in Strathmore on August 10,11 & 12. RV parking is available adjacent to the Ball Park.
To reserve a camping spot, call Derrick at: (403) 325-0794. Group Camping, which includes power hook-up, shower and washroom facilities, is available @ $20 per day. Random, open field (dry land) camping may also be available at no cost.
Please note that Registration check-in will commence at the Ball Park @ 8 AM on Thursday, August 10 just prior to the start of the tournament. Therefore, your team should plan on arriving at the Venue on Wednesday evening. If your team is scheduled to play later in the morning, ensure that you check in at least one-half hour prior to game time. The Medal Games will take place on Saturday morning, and should be completed by early afternoon.
Opening Ceremonies, Banquet and professional entertainment will be hosted at the Acadia Recreation Complex (240 90 Ave S.E.) in Calgary on Thursday evening. Cocktails at 5 PM, Opening Ceremonies at 6 PM. Allow roughly one-hour travel time from Strathmore.
Mt. Pleasant Tennis Club at 117- 4 Ave. NE
Swimming and Badminton
Winter Club at 4611- 14 St. NW
Swimming Competition Schedule
Thursday August 10 & Friday August 11, 2017
12 Noon – 1 PM Check-in (Thursday only)
1 PM – 1:30 PM Warm-up
1:30 PM Swim Meet
Medals awarded immediately following conclusion of competition on each day
Note: no check-in on Friday
Fish Creek Arena at 333 Shawville Blvd. SE
Thursday August 10: Time Trial- Meet at the Springbank Park for All Seasons. Sign on open from 9:15 to 9:30
Friday August 11: Road Race- Meet at the Madden Community Hall. Sign on open from 9:30 to 9:45
Oakridge Community Centre at 9504 Oakfield Dr. SW
Fox Hollow Golf Course at 1025- 32 Ave. NE
Horseshoe Club at 4310- 78 Ave. SE
5 Pin Bowling
Paradise Lanes at 3411-17 Ave. SE
Accommodations in Calgary, Alberta
Corner of 16th Avenue N.W. & Crowchild Trail
Super 8 Village
Village Park Inn
Econo Lodge #1
Econo Lodge #2
Canada’s Best Value Inn
Aloft U. of C
Holiday Inn Express
RV Parks in Calgary and Vicinity
1.Calaway RV Park and Campground
– Out by Calaway Park, Range Road 33 off the Calgary to Banff highway
– Phone: 403-249-7372
– Located in Okotoks, 20 kms. from Calgary
– Address 48033- 370 Ave. E, Okotoks
– Phone: 403-938-2017
3.Calgary West Campground
– Located off Transcanada highway (Banff highway),just west of Canada Olympic Park
– Address 221-101 Street SW
– Phone: 403-288-041
4. Symons Valley RV Park
– Located on Symons Valley Rd., north edge of Calgary
– Address 260011 Symons Valley Road
– Phone: 587-296-0606
Frequently Asked Questions
A. You can enter 2 in each age group in Track & Field.
A. Yes 85 has been added to Track & Field
A. Yes we will send out info on venues, etc. to all Registrants.
A. Yes everyone competes Thursday and Friday, and Slo-Pitch and Hockey are on Saturday as well.